Will focuses his practice on healthcare litigation, commercial and business litigation, and personal injury litigation. Will is a member of the firm’s recruiting committee.
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell ® Peer Review Ratings
- Rising Star in Mid-South Super Lawyers ® magazine
- Recognized as a leading litigation attorney under 40 years of age in Benchmark Litigation's annual Under 40 Hot List
- Graduate of the 2016 Alabama Leadership Initiative
- Graduate of the 2015 International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy
- Graduate of the 2013 class of the Birmingham Bar Association’s Future Leaders Forum
- Recognized in 2012 as a “Rising Star” in litigation by B-Metro magazine
Will is a member of the Monday Morning Quarterback Club (Crippled Children’s Foundation) and serves on the Executive Board of PreSchool Partners, a Birmingham non-profit organization dedicated to preparing children with quality preschool education.
- Obtained a defense verdict for an assisted living facility and the facility’s executive director in a six-day arbitration hearing involving a resident’s allegations of sexual assault.
- Obtained complete dismissal of wrongful death claims against an international security management company.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a local disaster-recovery contractor in a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Successfully defended a local bank against claims of false imprisonment, conspiracy, defamation, slander, and conversion.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a franchisee of a world-wide fast-food restaurant in a premises-liability action.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a repossession firm involving allegations of wrongful repossession, trespass, and conspiracy.
- Obtained complete dismissal of wrongful death claims against a nursing home because the plaintiff failed to invoke the arbitration process.
- Successfully defended a local hospital on grounds the plaintiff failed to comply with the statute of limitations.
- Successfully defended a pharmacy accused of causing physical injury injury as a result of a misfilled prescription.
- Obtained a summary judgment in favor an ambulance company in a suit involving an automobile accident.
- Reached a favorable resolution on behalf of a local accounting firm in an ERISA complaint. Plan participants argued the Plan Administrator breached fiduciary obligations.
- Reached a favorable resolution for a natural gas and energy products company in a dispute over rights to commercially extract coalbed methane gas.
Presentations and Publications
- “Sexual Assault in Long-Term Care: Evaluating and Defending these Claims,” Alabama Nursing Home Defense Lawyers Association, Orange Beach, AL (April 2018).
- “How to Prepare for and Defend Against Claims of Assault in the Long-Term Care Setting,” CLM Annual Conference (March 2018)
- “Alabama’s Contractor Statute of Repose,” The Alabama Roadbuilder (Fall 2010)(co-author)
- “Medical Literature: Friend and/or Foe in the Medical Malpractice Trial,” Defense Research Institute, Medical Liability and Healthcare Law Seminar (New Orleans, February 2012)
- “From Sale to Science: An Overview of Alabama Dram-Shop Claims and the Impact of Scientific Expert Testimony,” Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Journal (Spring 2012)(co-author)
- “Hot Topics in Nursing Home Litigation,” Alabama Nursing Home Association Conference (Spring 2016)
News & Insights
- THIRTY-ONE SDF ATTORNEYS NAMED TO THE 2018 EDITION OF MID-SOUTH SUPER LAWYERS
- Davis, Stevens, & Wells Named to Benchmark Litigation’s 40 & Under Hot List
- Twenty-Eight SDF Attorneys Named to the 2017 Edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Umbach, Perkins, Davis, & Vinson Participate in the Alabama Trucking Association’s Annual Mock Trial
- Reed Bates & Will Davis Obtain Defense Verdict After 6-Day Arbitration for Assisted Living Facility
- Twenty-Six SDF Attorneys Named to the 2016 Edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Starnes Davis Florie Announces New Partners
- Twenty-Six SDF Attorneys Named to 2015 Alabama Super Lawyers
- SDF Attorneys and Staff Dedicate Time to Volunteer for Servis Juris Day
- Thirty SDF Attorneys Named to Alabama Super Lawyers 2014
- Three Starnes Davis Florie Attorneys Invited to Join the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Starnes Davis Florie Welcomes New Associates to the Firm
Will and his wife have twin boys and a daughter. The “party of five” enjoy all things outdoors and pulling for the Alabama Crimson Tide and Virginia Cavaliers.