Starnes Davis Florie is firmly committed to the values of diversity and equality. We believe our firm is strengthened by the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, and voices represented by our attorneys and staff. We attract, retain, and promote attorneys and staff without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
Although a strong work ethic is part of our firm’s DNA, we are equally committed to fostering an atmosphere in which there exists an appropriate balance between work and life, with family obligations given their proper due.
To ensure we meet our commitment, the firm continually evaluates and implements initiatives designed expressly to enhance the firm’s diversity. The firm:
- FOLLOWS the guidelines of excellence, a superior work ethic, and leadership in the legal profession.
- RECRUITS, MENTORS, and RETAINS candidates that meet the firm’s philosophy of excellence.
- PROVIDES attorneys flexible hours to enable them to better fulfill their family obligations.
- EVALUATES and ASSESSES its diversity goals.
- ENCOURAGES attorneys to be actively involved with professional and leadership opportunities.
- SUPPORTS the annual Minority Pre-Law Conference at Birmingham-Southern College, for Birmingham area high school students considering the legal profession.
- SPONSORS the Birmingham Athletic Partnership (BAP).