Will Axon has been a partner at Starnes Davis Florie for over 10 years. He concentrates his practice in the areas of healthcare litigation, professional medical liability, licensure and regulatory compliance, and complex premises liability. A primary focus of Will’s practice includes trial work throughout Alabama.
- Fellow of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America®
- Super Lawyer in Alabama by Mid-South Super Lawyers® magazine.
- Litigation Star for Alabama in Benchmark Litigation
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale Hubbell
- Obtained a defense verdict for an obstetrician in a case claiming negligence in failing to remove a sponge from the patient’s body after vaginal delivery, resulting in alleged permanent pelvic floor injury.
- Obtained defense verdict for a Birmingham internal medicine physician in a lawsuit alleging wrongful death of a 26 year old mentally disabled female.
- Obtained defense verdict in a medical malpractice on behalf of a family medicine physician in a prolonged 8-week trial with multiple defendants.
- Obtained a defense verdict at trial for an emergency physician in a case alleging negligent failure to diagnose septic arthritis, resulting in below the knee amputation.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a pediatrician in an eight-day trial in a case involving alleged negligent failure to diagnose subarachnoid hemorrhage in a fifteen year old girl, resulting in brain surgery and brain injury.
- Obtained a defense verdict at trial on behalf of an ENT Medical Facility alleging unsafe conditions caused injuries to patients including a rare neurologic condition, ultimately leading to surgical implantation of spinal cord stimulator.
- Obtained summary judgment for medical center in a case alleging unethical research practices caused permanent developmental injuries to neonates.
- Obtained dismissal of Qui Tam/False Claims Act for two physicians which was affirmed by the 11th Circuit.
- Successfully represented hospital in coordination with CDC during outbreak of harmful bacterium resulting multiple deaths.
Presentations and Publications
- Keynote presenter, “Liability Issues for Nurse Anesthetists,” ALANA Fall Convention.
- Keynote presenter, “Medical Liability for Third-Party Nonpatients,” ALAMTA Regional.
- CLE Presenter, “Cutting Edge Issues in Medical Malpractice,” National Business Institute.
News & Insights
- Thirty SDF Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers 2020
- Starnes Davis Florie Ranked in the 2019 Edition of Benchmark Litigation
- THIRTY-ONE SDF ATTORNEYS NAMED TO THE 2018 EDITION OF MID-SOUTH SUPER LAWYERS
- SDF Attorneys Joe Miller & Will Axon Win Med Mal Trial for OB/GYN
- Twenty-Seven SDF Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America 2019
- SDF Attorneys Florie & Axon Obtain Defense Verdict in Wrongful Death Trial
- SDF Attorneys Hines and Axon Obtain Defense Verdict After 8 Weeks of Trial
- SDF Attorney Will Axon Inducted into the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Starnes Davis Florie Named a Highly Recommended Litigation Firm in the 2018 Edition of Benchmark Litigation
- Joe Miller and Will Axon Obtain Defense Verdict in an Eight Day Trial Huntsville, Alabama
- Benchmark Litigation 2016 Named Starnes Davis Florie a Highly Recommended Litigation Firm
- Miller, Axon, and Starnes Obtain Defense Verdict for Pediatrician in an Eight Day Trial
- Starnes Davis Florie Named a Highly Recommended Litigation Firm in the 2015 Edition of Benchmark Litigation
- Starnes Davis Florie Lawyers Axon & Huntley Secure Dismissal on Appeal
- Axon & Huntley Obtained Defense Verdict in a Medical Malpractice Case