Alabama issues order mandating social distancing measures on a statewide basis until April 6, 2020 to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Order mandates the following:
- All gatherings of 25 persons or more are prohibited;
- All gatherings of any size that cannot maintain a consistent six-foot distance between persons are prohibited;
- All beaches shall be closed;
- All schools shall be closed;
- All preschools and childcare centers shall be closed except those “operated for the exclusive benefit of essential employees” such as government workers, hospitals, fire, police, long-term care, pharmacies, and grocery stores;
- All hospitals and long-term care facilities shall prohibit visitation of all visitors and non-essential health care personnel;
- All elective dental and medical procedures shall be delayed; and
- All restaurants, bars, breweries, or similar establishments shall not permit on-premises consumption of food or drink.
A copy of the complete Order can be found here.