Tabor is a partner at Starnes Davis Florie and has served as the firm’s Hiring Partner. He has been with the firm since 2005. Tabor’s practice is devoted to complex civil litigation, including intellectual property disputes, securities litigation, medical device litigation, and professional liability. Tabor also represents universities in NCAA compliance matters.
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America®
- Named a Super Lawyer for the state of Alabama by Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Named a Rising Star for the state of Alabama by the 2012 - 2013 editions of Alabama Super Lawyers® magazine
- Successfully represented UAB and the UAB Research Foundation in an intellectual property dispute relating to a universal control system for electrosurgical devices.
- Obtained summary judgment for a lawyer and law firm on a third party complaint of fraud and indemnification relating to a construction loan and real estate development.
- Represented KKR in two separate matters relating to the leveraged recapitalization of the Bruno’s grocery store chain.
- Currently representing a lawyer and law firm in a federal securities fraud case arising from a real estate transaction involving multiple entities.
- Currently representing a lawyer and law firm in a professional negligence and state law securities fraud case relating to two separate condominium developments on the Gulf Coast.
- Currently representing a lawyer in a multi-count complaint arising from a complex real estate transaction in Baldwin County, Alabama.
- Successfully represented GE Capital Corporation in obtaining a judgment a debtor in federal court and setting up a court-ordered receivership to protect and preserve GECC’s interests in its collateral.
- Represented the University of Alabama in Huntsville in an intellectual property dispute over PEGylation technology and helped UAH obtain a $25 million settlement.
- Represented UAB and the UAB Research Foundation in a patent dispute relating to antiviral compounds used to treat Hepatitis B and helped UAB obtain a settlement with a minimum value of $15 million.
- Routinely provides advice to NCAA member institutions relating to compliance with, interpretations of, and changes in NCAA rules and regulations.Conducts comprehensive investigations for NCAA member institutions arising from any potential violations of NCAA rules.
News & Insights
- Twenty-Six SDF Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America 2021
- THIRTY-ONE SDF ATTORNEYS NAMED TO THE 2019 EDITION OF MID-SOUTH SUPER LAWYERS
- Thirty SDF Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers 2020
- THIRTY-ONE SDF ATTORNEYS NAMED TO THE 2018 EDITION OF MID-SOUTH SUPER LAWYERS
- Twenty-Seven SDF Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America 2019
- Twenty-Eight SDF Attorneys Named to the 2017 Edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Twenty-Six SDF Lawyers Listed in the 2018 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
- Twenty-Six SDF Attorneys Named to the 2016 Edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Twenty-Six SDF Attorneys Named to 2015 Alabama Super Lawyers
- Thirty SDF Attorneys Named to Alabama Super Lawyers 2014
- Twenty-Six Starnes Davis Florie Attorneys Listed in Alabama Super Lawyers 2013
- Twenty-Two Starnes Attorneys Listed in Alabama Super Lawyers
- Starnes Announces Five New Partners