Sammy is an associate at Starnes Davis Florie LLP. His practice is focused on civil litigation including Medical Malpractice, Commercial Disputes, Environmental Litigation, and Energy, Natural Resources & Land Use.
Sammy is a 2019 graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Law. Prior to law school, Sammy became a Council on Legal Education & Opportunity (CLEO) Fellow, after completing the six week program in Des Moines, Iowa. During Law school, Sammy held numerous leadership positions. He was a member of the Deans’ Leadership Council, Vice-President of the Black Law Student’s Association, Executive Editor of the Journal of Space Law and President of the Student Bar Association. In addition to his leadership positions, Sammy was also a member of the Trial Advocacy Board and the Manfred Lachs Moot Court Team. In Spring 2019, Sammy completed an externshipat the United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi for the Honorable Michael P. Mills.
- Extern, United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi for the Honorable Michael P. Mills (Spring 2019)
- Executive Editor, Journal of Space Law (2018 – 2019)
- President, Student Bar Association (2018 -2019)
- Winner, Inter-professional Education Mock Trial & Most Outstanding Attorney Award (2018)
- Winner, Steen Reynolds & Dalehite Trial Advocacy Competition (2017)
- Fellow, Council on Legal Education & Opportunity (Summer 2016)
News & Insights
Sammy is originally from Canton, Mississippi. He enjoys music (r&b, Jazz, and hip-hop), sports (Lebron James, New England Patriots, and Ole Miss), and all things twitter. His favorite activity is spending time with his daughter Anna and wife Andreau.