Michael is an associate at Starnes Davis Florie. His practice is focused on intellectual property matters and other complex, high-risk commercial litigation. Michael serves as a member of the firm’s recruiting committee.
- Named a Rising Star in Alabama by Mid-South Super Lawyers® magazine.
- Member of the Phoenix Club of Birmingham, which supports the mission of the Boys & Girls Club and further seeks to impact the direction of the community’s youth through fund-raising.
- Obtained $7 million verdict in favor of Rice University in patent infringement dispute filed against nanotechnology corporation.
- Successfully represented UAB in patent infringement disputes filed against medical device manufacturers.
- Successfully represented inventors and their company in patent infringement dispute filed against pharmaceutical company.
Presentations and Publications
- “Responding to Discovery Subpoenas: Alabama,” Practical Law Litigation (Spring 2015).
- “Location, Location, Location – The Food Truck’s Battle for Common Ground” Cumberland Law Review, 2014.