A native of Brewton, Alabama, Edward joined the firm’s Mobile office as an associate in 2020. His practice is primarily focused on civil litigation including medical malpractice, premises liability, mass torts, insurance, bad faith, worker’s compensation, and property disputes.
While in law school, Edward served as Vice President of the Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society and a member of the Trial Advocacy Competition Team. He received the George Peach Taylor Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy, the Public Interest Service Award, and Best Paper, Oil and Gas Law. He also Externed for the Honorable James H. Roberts, Jr. of the Sixth Judicial Circuit, Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.
While living in Tuscaloosa, Edward gave his time to a variety of organizations, to include:
- Served as a member of the Public Interest Student Board.
- Volunteered at the University of Alabama’s Elder Law Clinic providing legal advice, assistance, and representation on civil matters to persons 60 years of age or older residing in Pickens, Hale, Bibb, Fayette, Lamar, Greene, and Tuscaloosa County.
- Volunteered for Tuscaloosa’s Habitat for Humanity.
- Served as a Disaster Frontline Supervisor for the American Red Cross, Alabama Region.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of a trucking company in a case involving a motor vehicle accident, alleging the truck driver caused the subject collision by negligently failing to yield the right-of-way, resulting in the plaintiff to suffer physical injuries and mental anguish.
- Obtained a favorable ruling from the Alabama Supreme Court to enforce their client’s arbitration agreement in a nursing home malpractice case.
- Obtained a favorable ruling from the Alabama Supreme Court, affirming summary judgment on behalf of their client – a timber company.
News & Insights
- SDF’s Butler & Hines Obtain Defense Verdict for Trucking Company
- Newton, Bolt & Hines Obtain Favorable Ruling from the Alabama Supreme Court
- STARNES ATTORNEYS BUTLER & HINES OBTAIN FAVORABLE RULING
- Starnes Attorneys Butler, Whillock & Hines Obtain Favorable Ruling From Alabama Supreme Court
- SDF Welcomes New Associates to the Firm
Edward enjoys spending time on the water, turkey hunting with his Pop, and cooking on the grill.