A native of Brewton, Alabama, Edward joined the firm’s Mobile office as an associate in 2020. His practice is primarily focused on civil litigation including medical malpractice, premises liability, mass torts, insurance, bad faith, worker’s compensation, and property disputes.
While in law school, Edward served as Vice President of the Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society and a member of the Trial Advocacy Competition Team. He received the George Peach Taylor Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy, the Public Interest Service Award, and Best Paper, Oil and Gas Law. He also Externed for the Honorable James H. Roberts, Jr. of the Sixth Judicial Circuit, Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.
While living in Tuscaloosa, Edward gave his time to a variety of organizations, to include:
- Served as a member of the Public Interest Student Board.
- Volunteered at the University of Alabama’s Elder Law Clinic providing legal advice, assistance, and representation on civil matters to persons 60 years of age or older residing in Pickens, Hale, Bibb, Fayette, Lamar, Greene, and Tuscaloosa County.
- Volunteered for Tuscaloosa’s Habitat for Humanity.
- Served as a Disaster Frontline Supervisor for the American Red Cross, Alabama Region.
- Obtained a favorable ruling from the Alabama Supreme Court, affirming summary judgment on behalf of their client – a timber company.
News & Insights
Edward enjoys spending time on the water, turkey hunting with his Pop, and cooking on the grill.