Kirby Howard is a partner with the firm’s Mobile office. Kirby has been practicing law for over 15 years with an emphasis on general insurance defense, including premises liability, product liability, wrongful death, automobile liability, termite, and construction defect cases. He has experience with state-agent immunity and qualified immunity issues through representation of counties, municipalities, and state agents such as educators.
- AV Preeminent rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings.
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association's Young Lawyers President (2015-2016)
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association's Board of Directors (2016-2019)
- Serves as a member of the Alabama State Bar, Mobile Bar, Baldwin County Bar, and American Bar Associations
Kirby has been involved with various community boards and organizations within the Mobile area. He served as a member of the 2012 Greater Mobile MS Leadership Class and has also served on the Senior Bowl Committee.
- Kirby has tried jury trials and bench trials to verdict and has participated in oral argument before the Alabama Supreme Court.
Presentations and Publications
- “To Twombly or not to Twombly; That is the Question,” DRI’s Fore the Defense Magazine (September 2009).
- Multi-Circuit Litigation: Advocating for a State System of Claim Aggregation, presented at the Alabama Defense Lawyer Association’s 2008 Annual Meeting.
News & Insights
Kirby enjoys reading, specifically about military history and US history. He is an avid Alabama football fan and attend as many games as possible each season.
Kirby, his wife Elizabeth, and his two daughters, Maggie and Susan attend St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Mobile.