Christian has practiced with Starnes Davis Florie since 1997, opening the firm’s Mobile, Alabama office in 2001. He is a former member of the firm’s Executive Committee. Christian’s practice is devoted entirely to civil litigation, including healthcare litigation, professional medical liability and construction. He has tried numerous civil cases to jury verdict and is also experienced in arbitration.
- Named a Rising Star for the state of Alabama by Alabama Super Lawyers® magazine
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America®
- AV rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings.
Christian is an active member of Christ Church Cathedral in Mobile and a former member of the vestry.
- Obtained defense verdict in a medical malpractice on behalf of a family medicine physician in a prolonged 8-week trial with multiple defendants.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a family medicine physician in a wrongful death suit, where the physician was accused of failing to diagnose diverticulitis, peritonitis and sepsis.
- Obtained a defense verdict for an Emergency Room Physician after an emotional nine day trial centering on the death of a two year old boy.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of an OB-GYN, who was charged with negligently delivering an infant during a labor complicated by shoulder dystocia, thereby resulting in permanent injury.
- Obtained a defense verdict in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama for an orthopedic surgeon charged with placing a plate directly over a patient’s radial nerve during an open reduction and internal fixation procedure performed to treat the patient’s severe humeral fracture.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a wrongful death case alleging that a cardiothoracic surgeon negligently cut the subclavian artery during cardiac bypass surgery.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of an Emergency Department physician in an eleven day wrongful death trial in the Circuit Court of Mobile County.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of a surgeon accused of causing significant complications following a gastro-intestinal bypass procedure.
Presentations and Publications
- Keeping Up with the Technology: Constant Changes Perpetually Impact the Practice of Medicine and Create Liability Risks, IADC Medical Defense and Health Law Committee Newsletter (June 2020).
- “Alabama Litigation Overview,” Practical Law Litigations (Summer 2016; Updated Spring 2018).
- “Responding to a Complaint: Alabama Q&A,” Practical Law Litigation (Summer 2015).
- “Responding to Discovery Subpoenas: Alabama,” Practical Law Litigation (Spring 2015).
- A Pleading Delayed May Mean Justice Denied: Amended Pleading Under Alabama Rule of Civil Procedure 15(a), The Alabama Lawyer, Vol. 69, No. 4 (July 2008).
News & Insights
- Chamberlain, Eagan & Hines Publish Article in IADC’s Medical Defense & Health Law Newsletter
- Thirty SDF Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers 2020
- SDF Attorneys Hines and Axon Obtain Defense Verdict After 8 Weeks of Trial
- Starnes Davis Florie Attorneys Sellers & Hines Obtain Defense Verdict in Wrongful Death Case
- Starnes Davis Florie Attorneys Obtain Defense Verdict in Mobile County Following a 9 Day Trial
- Starnes Davis Florie Attorneys Successfully Defend Obstetrician in Mobile County
- Twenty-Two Starnes Attorneys Listed in Alabama Super Lawyers
- Twenty Starnes Attorneys Listed in Alabama Super Lawyers
- Wright & Hines Obtain Defense Verdict for Orthopedic Surgeon
- Wright & Hines Obtain Defense Verdict in Wrongful Death Case in Mobile County