Chris is an associate at Starnes Davis Florie. Chris handles litigation primarily in the areas of labor and employment, business litigation, and governmental torts. Chris represents both public and private employers in state court, federal court, and before administrative agencies.
- • Board Member, Young Lawyer’s Section of the Alabama Defense Lawyer’s Association
- • Red Mountain Park Junior Board, Service Committee Co-Chair
- Isaacs v. Felder Services, LLC, 2014 WL 2806128 – obtained dismissal on behalf of nursing home in a case alleging claims of gender discrimination, sexual harassment, and retaliation in violation of Title VII.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of trucking company in a case filed by former employee alleging claim of retaliatory discharge for filing for workers’ compensation benefits.
- Crowe v. Boatright R.R. Companies, Inc., 2014 WL 3889875 – obtained complete dismissal on behalf of railroad materials manufacturer in a case arising out of former employee’s claim she was terminated in retaliation for complaining about sexual harassment.
- Obtained complete dismissal on behalf of national rent-to-own retail chain in case arising out of customer’s claims alleging violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”).
- Threats v. City of Bessemer, 2015 WL 1346853 – obtained summary judgment and complete dismissal for police officer and municipality in civil rights action brought pursuant to § 1983, where plaintiff claimed constitutional violations arising from her arrest at a water park.
- Obtained judgment in preliminary injunction/TRO action arising out of award of contract for wrecker services.
- Johnson v. City of Bessemer, 180 F. Supp. 3d 1013 -obtained summary judgment on behalf of municipality on claims arising out of firefighter’s claim that he was retaliated against for exercising his First Amendment speech rights.
- Dial v. City of Bessemer, 2016 WL 3054728 – obtained complete dismissal of municipality and police officer in case alleging excessive force, false imprisonment, and assault and battery.
- Obtained complete dismissal for municipality and its police detective in a case arising out of a citizen’s claim that he was wrongfully arrested and prosecuted as a result of mistaken identity.
- Represented employer in union election.
- Represented numerous employers in responding to EEOC charges of discrimination.
- Represented employers in response to wage and hour investigations by the Department of Labor.
- Represented and advised employers regarding enforcement and defense of non-compete agreements.
- Represented employer in case arising out of alleged discrimination based on sexual orientation and sex-stereotyping.
- Advised employer regarding implementation of practices to avoid threat of workplace violence.
- Advised employer regarding implementation of employee wellness program.
- Advised client regarding liability issues arising out of sale of allegedly defective materials used in the construction industry.
- Represented pest control companies in defense of claims arising out of termite treatments.
Presentations and Publications
- Drafting and Issuing Discovery Subpoenas: Alabama, Christian Hines, Chris Vinson & Michael Lasserre, Starnes Davis Florie, LLP, with Practical Law Litigation (2015)
News & Insights
- Should You Have An Arbitration Agreement With Your Employees?
- Umbach, Perkins, Davis, & Vinson Participate in the Alabama Trucking Association’s Annual Mock Trial
- Labor & Employment Client Alert: Federal Court Issues Emergency Injunction Blocking Changes To Overtime Exemption Rule
- Labor & Employment Bulletin – March 22, 2016
- Labor & Employment Practice Group Bulletin – November 2015
- Starnes Davis Florie Labor & Employment Practice Group Bulletin – July 2015
- Starnes Davis Florie’s Labor & Employment Practice Group Bulletin
- Labor & Employment Bulletin – March 2014
- Starnes Davis Florie Welcomes New Associates to the Firm