Cat joined the firm as a transactional and regulatory healthcare partner in 2019. Cat’s nationwide practice focuses on advising healthcare providers on a variety reimbursement, regulatory, compliance, and operational matters. Cat brings considerable experience with supplemental Medicaid programs, physician contracting, hospital collaborations, complex financial modeling, and compliance planning.
Prior to joining Starnes, Cat was a partner at an Austin, Texas law firm, which specialized solely on nationwide, transactional healthcare matters.
- Advised multiple hospital systems across the nation in conjunction with various supplemental Medicaid programs, managing the hospitals’ qualification, reporting requirements, funding entitlement, and independent audits.
- Negotiated and prepared numerous physician employment contracts, lease agreements, professional services agreements, and management agreements.
- Assisted clients on a wide variety of regulatory healthcare matters, ranging from Stark law to Medicare cost reporting principles to the 340B drug pricing program.
- Analyzed emerging health policy issues to aide clients with structuring, designing, and implementing reimbursement programs.
- Negotiated with a state agency on behalf of a pediatric hospital regarding the administration of one of the state’s Medicaid supplemental programs, resulting in the state favorably changing its program administration.
- Analyzed operational policies and procedures addressing issues such as reimbursement, indigent care, and compliance.
- Provided general healthcare corporate, nonprofit, and compliance advice.
Outside of work, Cat and her husband stay busy chasing their toddlers, Ben and Sam.