Bennett White has been with the firm since 2006. He has defended hospitals, long term care facilities, and physicians of almost every specialty and subspecialty. He has also handled product liability matters and business disputes for plaintiffs and defendants, and has served as lead counsel in personal injury and wrongful death cases involving train, plane, and ATV accidents. Bennett has served as Chairman of the Firm’s Recruiting committee and as the firm’s Associate Training Partner.
Bennett has been continuously recognized in publications such as Mid-South Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, and Chambers USA. Chambers USA describes him as “very good in trial with good business sense.” Chambers USA further notes, “A lot of lawyers claim to handle litigation but few regularly have to stand up and advocate in trial, but he really can.”
- Top Leading Litigator by Chambers USA.
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America®.
- Selected to participate in the Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum.
- Named one of Birmingham Business Journal's Rising Stars of Law for 2017.
- Named a Super Lawyer for the state of Alabama by Mid-South Super Lawyers® magazine (2015-2020).
- Named a Rising Star for the state of Alabama by Mid-South Super Lawyers® magazine (2011-2014).
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association.
- Recognized as a Fellow in the American Bar Association.
- Served as an Editor of the Alabama Law Review.
- Graduated magna cum laude from Hampden-Sydney College, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and received numerous awards and honors, including the Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award, the school’s highest honor.
- Prior to attending law school, Bennett taught third grade for two years in the Mississippi Delta, through Teach for America. He continues to stay involved in local educational programs.
- Former member of Impact Alabama’s Board of Directors.
- Serves on the Board of Trustees of the Emmet O’Neal Library.
- Serves of the Board of Directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Birmingham.
- Serves on the Mountain Brook City Schools Foundation Board of Directors.
- Serves on the Board of Directors of Mountain Brook Athletics.
- Serves as a member of the Monday Morning Quarterback Club and has held leadership roles and served on the boards of numerous charitable organizations.
- Serves on the Grievance Committee of the Birmingham Bar Association.
- Member of Independent Presbyterian Church, where he serves as an Elder.
- Bennett enjoys coaching his three boys in youth sports.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a family practice physician in a case involving paralysis and wrongful death.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a family practice physician in Madison County in a case alleging wrongful death after prescribing antibiotics for community acquired pneumonia.
- Obtained complete dismissal of claims against a security management company related to the wrongful death of a minor.
- Obtained a defense verdict for an obstetrician in a case involving a skull fracture, intracranial hemorrhage and alleged neurological injury following a forceps delivery.
- Obtained directed verdict on behalf of OB/GYN in a double wrongful death case involving an obstetrical patient and her baby.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of urologist in a suit alleging negligence in the performance of a radical prostatectomy – the trial court’s order of summary judgment was affirmed on appeal.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of a family practitioner and his professional corporation in a wrongful death case involving complications arising from an exercise stress test.
- Obtained directed verdict on behalf of defendant neurosurgeon in case involving alleged malpractice in the performance of a spinal surgery which allegedly caused plaintiff to suffer severe neurological injuries.
- Obtained complete dismissal of a defendant’s counterclaim for breach of contract and fraud on behalf of Fortune 500 document management company.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of dentist involving alleged injuries arising out of the extraction of teeth and delivery of dentures.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of general surgeons in a personal injury case involving complications secondary to abdominoplasty.
News & Insights
- STARNES DAVIS FLORIE RANKED A TOP FIRM BY CHAMBERS USA 2021
- White, Newton & Bates Secure Favorable Supreme Court Opinion
- Twenty-Six Attorneys Named to the 2020 Edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers
- STARNES DAVIS FLORIE RANKED A TOP FIRM BY CHAMBERS USA 2020
- THIRTY-ONE SDF ATTORNEYS NAMED TO THE 2019 EDITION OF MID-SOUTH SUPER LAWYERS
- Thirty SDF Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers 2020
- Starnes Davis Florie Ranked A Top Firm By Chambers USA 2019
- Eight Starnes Attorneys Named Leaders in their Field in Chambers USA 2019
- THIRTY-ONE SDF ATTORNEYS NAMED TO THE 2018 EDITION OF MID-SOUTH SUPER LAWYERS
- SDF Attorneys Bennett White & Billy Bates Obtain Defense Verdict in Personal Injury/Wrongful Death Case
- Twenty-Seven SDF Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America 2019
- Starnes Attorneys Joe Miller & Bennett White Win Trial for Physician in Wrongful Death Case
- Twenty-Eight SDF Attorneys Named to the 2017 Edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers
- SDF Attorney Bennett White Named one of Birmingham’s Rising Stars of Law for 2017
- Twenty-Six SDF Lawyers Listed in the 2018 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
- Twenty-Six SDF Attorneys Named to the 2016 Edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers
- SDF Attorney Bennett White Selected to the 2016 Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum Class
- Twenty-Six SDF Attorneys Named to 2015 Alabama Super Lawyers
- Defense Verdict Obtain for Obstetrician After a Week Trial in Tuscaloosa, AL
- Starnes Davis Florie Attorneys Miller & White Obtain Defense Verdict in a Nine-Day Med Mal Trial