Allen King is partner at Starnes Davis Florie and serves as the firm’s Co-Hiring Partner. Allen’s practice has been devoted to civil litigation to include professional medical liability, healthcare litigation, and general business litigation.
- Rising Star by Mid-South Super Lawyers® magazine.
- Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch" (2021-2023)
Allen and his wife, Natalie, are active members at Redeemer Community Church.
- Enforced binding arbitration agreement after evidentiary hearing in case alleging sexual assault of a nursing home resident (affirmed on appeal) Czoka v. Life Care Centers of America, Inc., et al.
- Obtained judgment as a matter of law in favor of a family medicine physician and his medical assistant following the trial of a combined personal injury and wrongful death case.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of two OB/GYNs in a two-week maternal death trial alleging negligent management of gestational hypertension and negligence in failing to administer diuretics in the postpartum period.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of a neurosurgeon in a wrong level spinal surgery case involving allegations of a breach in the standard of care by operating at the T8-9 level instead of the intended T9-10 level.
- Obtained defense verdict for a Birmingham internal medicine physician in a lawsuit alleging wrongful death of a 26 year old mentally disabled female.
- Obtained a judgment as a matter of law in favor of an emergency room physician in a wrongful death case alleging negligence in the work-up of a patient who presented to the emergency department.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of an obstetrician-gynecologist in a wrongful death case alleging negligent management of a pregnancy.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of an obstetrician-gynecologist in a case alleging negligent management of a suspected ectopic pregnancy.
- Obtained a defense verdict for an emergency physician in a case alleging negligent failure to diagnose septic arthritis, resulting in below the knee amputation.
- Obtained affirmance from the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals of summary judgment on behalf of a urologist in a case alleging medical malpractice and deliberate indifference.
Presentations and Publications
- “Responding to Discovery Subpoenas: Alabama,” Practical Law Litigation (Spring 2015).
- A Practice Manager’s Guide to Medical Malpractice Lawsuits, Medical Group Management Association, Alabama (October 18, 2016)
News & Insights
- 16 Starnes Attorneys Listed in the 2022 Edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers
- 30 SDF ATTORNEYS LISTED IN BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA 2023
- Starnes Davis Florie Promotes Three Attorneys to Partner
- TWENTY-TWO ATTORNEYS NAMED TO THE 2021 EDITION OF MID-SOUTH SUPER LAWYERS
- 29 SDF ATTORNEYS LISTED IN BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA 2022
- Alan Bean and Allen King Win in the Tennessee Court of Appeals to Enforce Clients’ Binding Arbitration Rights
- Twenty-Six Attorneys Named to the 2020 Edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Executive Order Provides Immunity
- THIRTY-ONE SDF ATTORNEYS NAMED TO THE 2019 EDITION OF MID-SOUTH SUPER LAWYERS
- SDF Attorneys Wright, Scivley & King Win Trial in Combined Wrongful Death/Personal Injury Case
- THIRTY-ONE SDF ATTORNEYS NAMED TO THE 2018 EDITION OF MID-SOUTH SUPER LAWYERS
- Trial Win for SDF’s Wright & Newton in Med Mal/Professional Liability Case
- SDF Attorneys Wright, Newton & King Obtain Defense Verdict in Wrongful Death Case
- SDF Attorneys Florie & Axon Obtain Defense Verdict in Wrongful Death Trial
- SDF Attorneys Wright, Newton & King Obtain Favorable Judgment for ER Doctor in Wrongful Death Trial
- Twenty-Eight SDF Attorneys Named to the 2017 Edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers
- SDF Attorneys Wright Newton & King Obtain Defense Verdict for OB/GYN in Wrongful Death Case
- Wright, Newton & King Obtain Defense Verdict for OB/GYN in Med Mal Case
- Starnes Davis Florie Welcomes Two New Associates to the Firm