Allen King is an associate at Starnes Davis Florie and serves on the firm’s recruiting committee. Allen’s practice has been devoted to civil litigation to include professional medical liability, healthcare litigation, and general business litigation.
- Rising Star by Mid-South Super Lawyers® magazine.
Allen and his wife, Natalie, are active members at Redeemer Community Church.
- Obtained judgment as a matter of law in favor of a family medicine physician and his medical assistant following the trial of a combined personal injury and wrongful death case.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of two OB/GYNs in a two-week maternal death trial alleging negligent management of gestational hypertension and negligence in failing to administer diuretics in the postpartum period.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of a neurosurgeon in a wrong level spinal surgery case involving allegations of a breach in the standard of care by operating at the T8-9 level instead of the intended T9-10 level.
- Obtained defense verdict for a Birmingham internal medicine physician in a lawsuit alleging wrongful death of a 26 year old mentally disabled female.
- Obtained a judgment as a matter of law in favor of an emergency room physician in a wrongful death case alleging negligence in the work-up of a patient who presented to the emergency department.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of an obstetrician-gynecologist in a wrongful death case alleging negligent management of a pregnancy.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of an obstetrician-gynecologist in a case alleging negligent management of a suspected ectopic pregnancy.
- Obtained a defense verdict for an emergency physician in a case alleging negligent failure to diagnose septic arthritis, resulting in below the knee amputation.
- Obtained affirmance from the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals of summary judgment on behalf of a urologist in a case alleging medical malpractice and deliberate indifference.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an obstetrician-gynecologist in a case alleging a ureteral injury during the performance of a diagnostic laparotomy with a right salpingo-oophorectomy.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a general surgeon in a case alleging injuries arising out of a laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
- Obtained complete dismissal on behalf of a family medicine physician in a case alleging deliberate indifference.
- Obtained complete dismissal on behalf of a gastroenterologist in a case arising out of allegations of negligence during an abdominal procedure.
- Obtained complete dismissal on behalf of an obstetrician-gynecologist in a case alleging an injury to the patient’s ureter during the performance of a robotic assisted supracervical hysterectomy.
Presentations and Publications
- “Responding to Discovery Subpoenas: Alabama,” Practical Law Litigation (Spring 2015).
- A Practice Manager’s Guide to Medical Malpractice Lawsuits, Medical Group Management Association, Alabama (October 18, 2016)
News & Insights
- SDF Attorneys Wright, Scivley & King Win Trial in Combined Wrongful Death/Personal Injury Case
- THIRTY-ONE SDF ATTORNEYS NAMED TO THE 2018 EDITION OF MID-SOUTH SUPER LAWYERS
- Trial Win for SDF’s Wright & Newton in Med Mal/Professional Liability Case
- SDF Attorneys Wright, Newton & King Obtain Defense Verdict in Wrongful Death Case
- SDF Attorneys Florie & Axon Obtain Defense Verdict in Wrongful Death Trial
- SDF Attorneys Wright, Newton & King Obtain Favorable Judgment for ER Doctor in Wrongful Death Trial
- Twenty-Eight SDF Attorneys Named to the 2017 Edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers
- SDF Attorneys Wright Newton & King Obtain Defense Verdict for OB/GYN in Wrongful Death Case
- Wright, Newton & King Obtain Defense Verdict for OB/GYN in Med Mal Case
- Starnes Davis Florie Welcomes Two New Associates to the Firm