Alicia began practicing law in Birmingham in 1999, and joined Starnes Davis Florie LLP in 2002. She is a partner in the firm who defends companies in civil litigation matters and regularly provides counsel to her clients on a variety of compliance and risk-avoidance measures. She primarily represents healthcare providers, including long term care facilities /nursing homes, in regulatory matters and medical malpractice claims alleging personal injury and/or wrongful death.
In addition, Alicia has several years of experience representing and successfully defending physicians in medical malpractice lawsuits, representing employers in labor and employment matters and defending financial institutions, including banks and mortgage companies, in commercial litigation matters. She has participated in several jury trials.
- AV Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Member of the Alabama Nursing Home Defense Lawyers Association
- Member of Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Member of the Alabama State Bar and the Birmingham Bar Association, including the Women Lawyers Section. She has served on the Public Service, Grievance, Medical Liaison and Membership committees of the Birmingham Bar Association.
- While in law school, Alicia served as an editor of the Alabama Law Review and was a member of the John A. Campbell Moot Court Board.
- In 2014, Alicia was selected to serve on the Board for The Arc of Central Alabama, a non-profit organization serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Alicia was a member of the charter class of the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Leadership UAB.
- Alicia supports and is actively involved in various charitable organizations.
Presentations and Publications
- Every Day Decisions That May Affect the Outcome of Litigation, Labor & Employment Disputes and Your Surveys, Alabama Nursing Home Association Mid-Year Convention, Orange Beach, Alabama (April 27-28, 2015).
- The Triple Threat of Drafting, Executing and Enforcing the Perfect Arbitration Agreements, and Considerations Once You Get There, American Conference Institute’s 5th Annual Forum on Preventing and Defending Long Term Care Litigation, Miami, Florida (January 30, 2015).
- Types of Damages in an Injury Suit, a publication presented at two seminars hosted by the National Business Institute (October 22 and 23, 2014).
News & Insights
- Thirty SDF Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers 2020
- Twenty-Seven SDF Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America 2019
- Twenty-Six SDF Lawyers Listed in the 2018 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
- Twenty Starnes Davis Florie Attorneys Named to the 2017 Edition of Best Lawyers®
- Twenty Starnes Davis Florie Attorneys Named to the 2016 Edition of Best Lawyers®
- Starnes Davis Florie Attorney Alicia Harrison Presents at American Conference Institute’s National Forum
- SDF Attorneys Harrison & Whillock Present at Two NBI Seminars
- SDF Attorneys and Staff Dedicate Time to Volunteer for Servis Juris Day
- Alicia Harrison Publishes Article in DRI’s Medlaw Update
- Starnes Attorney Alicia Harrison Publishes Article in DRI’s Newsletter
- NAWL Publishes 2010 National Survey
Alicia is the mother of twins and enjoys traveling, Auburn University sporting events and spending time with family and friends. Alicia has been involved in the Birmingham running community for the last 20 years, completing two marathons (after which she said never again!) and several half marathons.