Starnes Davis Florie has a longstanding commitment to diversity, and appreciates the range of perspectives that a diverse workplace provides. The firm attracts, retains, and promotes attorneys and staff of varying backgrounds regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, or disability. To ensure that commitment to diversity, Starnes Davis Florie continues to evaluate and implement initiatives that enhance the firm's diversity. The firm:
- Follows the guidelines of excellence, a superior work ethic, and leadership in the legal profession.
- Actively recruits, mentors, and retains candidates that meet the firm's philosophy of excellence.
- Recruits lawyers well beyond Alabama.
- Supports the annual Minority Pre-Law Conference held at Birmingham-Southern College for Birmingham high school students considering the legal profession.
- Serves as a Sponsor of the National Association for Women Lawyers (NAWL). Read more
- Gives attorneys flexible hours to enable them to better fulfill their family obligations.
- Encourages attorneys to actively get involved with professional organizations and leadership opportunities. Several attorneys are members of the NAWL. One of the firm's partners is a member of the Alabama State Bar's Committee on Diversity in the Profession. Several of the firm's attorneys are members of the National Bar and Magic City Bar Associations.
- Continually evaluates and assesses its diversity goals.
- Serves as a Corporate Sponsor of Birmingham Athletic Partnership (BAP).