Bennett White has been with the firm since 2006. He has served as Chairman of the firm’s recruiting committee.
- Listed in the 2018 edition of Best Lawyers in America.
- Selected to participate in the Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum program as a member of the 2016 class.
- Named one of Birmingham Business Journal's Rising Stars of Law for 2017.
- Named a Super Lawyer for the state of Alabama in the 2015 - 2017 editions of Mid-South Super Lawyers® magazine and named a Rising Star for the state of Alabama by the 2011 - 2014 editions of Alabama Super Lawyers® magazine
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association.
- Recognized as a Fellow in the American Bar Association.
- Served as an Editor of the Alabama Law Review.
- Graduated magna cum laude from Hampden-Sydney College, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and received numerous awards and honors, including the Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award, the school’s highest honor
- Prior to attending law school, Bennett taught third grade for two years in the Mississippi Delta, through Teach for America. He continues to stay involved in local educational programs.
- Former member of Impact Alabama’s Advisory Board and of its Board of Directors.
- Serves on the Board of Trustees of the Emmet O’Neal Library.
- Serves as a member of the Monday Morning Quarterback Club and has held leadership roles in numerous charitable organizations.
- Bennett, his wife, and three boys are members of Independent Presbyterian Church where he serves as an Elder.
- Obtained complete dismissal of claims against a security management company related to the wrongful death of a minor.
- Obtained a defense verdict for an obstetrician in a case involving a skull fracture, intracranial hemorrhage and alleged neurological injury following a forceps delivery.
- Obtained directed verdict on behalf of OB/GYN in a double wrongful death case involving an obstetrical patient and her baby.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of urologist in a suit alleging negligence in the performance of a radical prostatectomy – the trial court’s order of summary judgment was affirmed on appeal.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of a family practitioner and his professional corporation in a wrongful death case involving complications arising from an exercise stress test.
- Obtained directed verdict on behalf of defendant neurosurgeon in case involving alleged malpractice in the performance of a spinal surgery which allegedly caused plaintiff to suffer severe neurological injuries.
- Obtained complete dismissal of a defendant’s counterclaim for breach of contract and fraud on behalf of Fortune 500 document management company.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of dentist involving alleged injuries arising out of the extraction of teeth and delivery of dentures.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of general surgeons in a personal injury case involving complications secondary to abdominoplasty.
News & Insights
- Twenty-Eight SDF Attorneys Named to the 2017 Edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers
- SDF Attorney Bennett White Named one of Birmingham’s Rising Stars of Law for 2017
- Twenty-Six SDF Lawyers Listed in the 2018 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
- Twenty-Six SDF Attorneys Named to the 2016 Edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers
- SDF Attorney Bennett White Selected to the 2016 Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum Class
- Twenty-Six SDF Attorneys Named to 2015 Alabama Super Lawyers
- Defense Verdict Obtain for Obstetrician After a Week Trial in Tuscaloosa, AL
- Starnes Davis Florie Attorneys Miller & White Obtain Defense Verdict in a Nine-Day Med Mal Trial
- Thirty SDF Attorneys Named to Alabama Super Lawyers 2014
- Twenty-Six Starnes Davis Florie Attorneys Listed in Alabama Super Lawyers 2013
- Starnes Davis Florie Announces Its New Partners
- Twenty-Two Starnes Attorneys Listed in Alabama Super Lawyers
- White and Bates Prevail in Obstetrical Medical Malpractice Trial
- Twenty Starnes Attorneys Listed in Alabama Super Lawyers