Bennett White has been with the firm since 2006. He has served as Chairman of the firm’s recruiting committee.
Bennett's practice is exclusively devoted to civil litigation. He has tried numerous cases throughout the state and has handled matters on appeal in the Alabama Supreme Court and the Alabama Court of Civil Appeals. Much of Bennett's practice is devoted to defending physicians and hospitals in medical liability actions. He has also worked on behalf of corporations in federal and state courts in general business litigation, trademark disputes, and premises liability cases. He has also served as lead counsel in personal injury cases involving train, ATV, and plane accidents.
Bennett is a member of the American, Alabama and Birmingham Bar Associations and is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in Alabama. He is also a member of the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association, where he served on the Board of Directors, and the Defense Research Institute, where he served on the Young Lawyers Committee.
* Obtained complete dismissal of claims against a security management company related to the wrongful death of a minor.
* Obtained a defense verdict for an obstetrician in a case involving a skull fracture, intracranial hemorrhage and alleged neurological injury following a forceps delivery.
* Obtained directed verdict on behalf of OB/GYN in a double wrongful death case involving an obstetrical patient and her baby.
* Obtained summary judgment on behalf of urologist in a suit alleging negligence in the performance of a radical prostatectomy - the trial court's order of summary judgment was affirmed on appeal.
* Obtained a defense verdict in favor of a family practitioner and his professional corporation in a wrongful death case involving complications arising from an exercise stress test.
* Obtained directed verdict on behalf of defendant neurosurgeon in case involving alleged malpractice in the performance of a spinal surgery which allegedly caused plaintiff to suffer severe neurological injuries.
* Obtained complete dismissal of a defendant's counterclaim for breach of contract and fraud on behalf of Fortune 500 document management company.
* Obtained defense verdict on behalf of dentist involving alleged injuries arising out of the extraction of teeth and delivery of dentures.
* Obtained defense verdict on behalf of general surgeons in a personal injury case involving complications secondary to abdominoplasty.
Honors And Awards
Bennett was selected to participate in the Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum program as a member of the 2016 class.
Bennett has been named a Super Lawyer for the state of Alabama in the 2015 - 2016 editions of Mid-South Super Lawyers® magazine and named a Rising Star for the state of Alabama by the 2011 - 2014 editions of Alabama Super Lawyers® magazine. He frequently teaches on a range of litigation topics.
As a student at the University of Alabama School of Law, Bennett served as an Editor of the Alabama Law Review. Bennett graduated magna cum laude from Hampden-Sydney College, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and received numerous awards and honors, including the Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award, the school’s highest honor.