Allen is an associate at Starnes Davis Florie and serves on the firm's recruiting committee.
* Obtained a defense verdict in favor of an obstetrician-gynecologist in a case alleging negligent management of a suspected ectopic pregnancy.
* Obtained a defense verdict for an emergency physician in a case alleging negligent failure to diagnose septic arthritis, resulting in below the knee amputation.
* Obtained affirmance from the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals of summary judgment on behalf of a urologist in a case alleging medical malpractice and deliberate indifference.
* Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an obstetrician-gynecologist in a case alleging a ureteral injury during the performance of a diagnostic laparotomy with a right salpingo-oophorectomy.
* Obtained complete dismissal on behalf of a gastroenterologist in a case arising out of allegations of negligence during an abdominal procedure.
* Obtained complete dismissal on behalf of an obstetrician-gynecologist in a case alleging an injury to the patient's ureter during the performance of a robotic assisted supracervical hysterectomy.
Honors And Awards
Allen graduated from The University of Alabama School of Law. While attending law school, Allen was a finalist in the 2013 Campbell Moot Court Competition, served as a member of the Campbell Moot Court Board, served as President of The Alabama Defense Lawyers Association (Student Division), and was elected to the Order of the Barristers. Allen also won second place in the 2013 Dish Network National E-discovery Legal Research and Writing Competition, and was a member of the ABA National Moot Court team, which received “Honorable Mention for Best Brief” in the Washington, D.C. Regional of the ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition. Allen graduated magna cum laude from The University of Alabama with a B.A. in History and Political Science and was a Presidential Scholar.
Speeches And Publications
* "Responding to Discovery Subpoenas: Alabama," Practical Law Litigation (Spring 2015).