Will's litigation experience includes professional medical liability, long term care and nursing home liability, mining and blasting litigation, insurance litigation, commercial litigation, premises liability, and general personal injury. Prior to law school, Will lived in New York City and worked for an institutional brokerage firm in Greenwich, CT, where he was Series 7 licensed (inactive).
Will also serves as a member of the firm's recruiting committee.
* Obtained complete dismissal of wrongful death claims against an international security management company.
* Obtained a summary judgment in favor of a local disaster-recovery contractor in a wrongful death lawsuit. Plaintiff’s decedent alleged the contractor failed to comply with state and federal regulations, which resulted in the death of Plaintiff’s decedent.
* Obtained complete dismissal of wrongful death claims against nursing home because the plaintiff failed to invoke the arbitration process.
* Obtained complete dismissal of local bank against claims of false imprisonment, conspiracy, defamation, slander, and conversion. The Alabama Supreme Court affirmed with no opinion.
* Obtained defense verdict on behalf of franchisee of world-wide fast-food restaurant in premises-liability action.
* Obtained defense verdict on behalf of repossession firm in a case involving allegations of wrongful repossession, trespass, and conspiracy.
* Obtained complete dismissal of medical-negligence claims against local hospital on grounds that the statute of limitations was not tolled despite claims that plaintiff was non compos mentis after the alleged medical negligence.
* Obtained summary judgment in favor of pharmacy accused of causing physical injury and damages as a result of a misfilled prescription. The Alabama Supreme Court affirmed with no opinion.
* Obtained summary judgment in favor of an ambulance company in a matter arising out of a motor vehicle accident. The Alabama Supreme Court affirmed with no opinion.
* Reached a favorable settlement on behalf of local accounting firm in an ERISA complaint. Plan participants argued that the Plan Administrator breached certain fiduciary obligations owed to the participants.
* Obtained favorable settlement for natural gas and energy products company in dispute over rights to commercially extract coalbed methane gas.
Honors And Awards
Will was named by B-Metro as a "Rising Star" in litigation for 2012. This honor acknowledges his skills as an attorney and commitment to community service. Will was named a Rising Star for the state of Alabama by the 2014 - 2016 editions of Mid-South Super Lawyers®. He is a graduate of the 2013 Class of the Birmingham Bar Association's Future Leaders Forum and the 2016 Alabama Leadership Initiative, and has served the Birmingham Bar Association in numerous capacities. Will is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell(R) Peer Review Ratings. TM
Speeches And Publications
Will was published in The Alabama Roadbuilder, “Alabama’s Contractor Statute of Repose,” Joe Duncan and Will Davis (Fall 2010) and the Defense Research Institute, “Medical Literature: Friend and/or Foe in the Medical Malpractice Trial,” February 2012 DRI Medical Liability and Healthcare Law Seminar (New Orleans). He also co-authored "From Sale to Science: An Overview of Alabama Dram-Shop Claims and the Impact of Scientific Expert Testimony," Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Journal (Spring 2012). In addition, Will has spoken to healthcare providers on issues related to risk management.